The 4-Way Test
For Rotary, The Four-Way Test is the cornerstone of all action. It has been for years, and it will be in the future. Of the things we think, say or do
1. Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
It is hard to believe it has already been a month since I've been here! These weeks have flown by and I am already starting to feel very at home. I am attending Osaka Sumiyoshi high school, and I am happy to say the students as well as the teachers are so incredibly friendly, never once have I had to sit alone, or to walk to a class by myself.
39th Annual Mayor’s Cup Regatta Results
1. Michael Parsons, Obelix, Plattsburgh, 2:08:50.
2. Ed Trombley, Odinn, Plattsburgh, 2:22:57.
3. John Touron, Dunder, Waterbury Ctr., 2:25:04.
4. Mike Parsons, Witchcraft, Plattsburgh, 2:29:13.
5. Jean Pierre Turgeon, Corbeau, St.-Bernard-de-Lacolle, 2:29:53.
6. Leslie Velte, Tailsman, Londonderry, 2:33:31.
7. Doug Friant, Muse, S. Londonderry, 2:35:04.
8. Gerry Couture, Thankful, Burlington, 2:47:35.
9. Don Duley, Polar Express, Plattsburgh, 2:47:47.
1. Richard LeBoef, Anjin San, Dorval, 2:01:55.
2. Daniel Hancock, O’De Vent, St.-Jean-sur-Richelieu, 2:02:19.
3. Miro Balcar, Endo-X, Montreal, 2:02:49.
4. Cinthia Audet, Etoile D’Argent, Laval, 2:05:02.
5. Stephan Bouchard, R New Gal, Granby, 2:39:31.
What is the “Spirit of Ianelli” Award?
The "Spirit of Ianelli" Award was established in 2010 in honor of the late Mayor John Ianelli, former Mayor of the City of Plattsburgh and co-founder of the Mayor’s Cup Regatta in 1977. This honor is bestowed upon one individual – sailor or landlubber – who exemplifies the same “community does matter” spirit that inspired Mayor Ianelli 39 years ago, empowering our lake community to thrive, not only on race day, but every day.
ShelterBox delivers emergency shelter and other lifesaving supplies to help families begin to rebuild their lives after losing their homes and possessions following a natural disaster or humanitarian crisis.
Each ShelterBox is custom-packed depending on the needs of those affected by the disaster but often contains a family tent, water filter, blankets, cooking and eating utensils, tools, children’s activity pack, mosquito net and other items.